12.30.2013

Women of Faith

My friend/client who had me paint this painting for her new home, asked me to paint this to give as a gift to her sister! Can you imagine opening a big painting on Christmas morning with these words from your sister? Such sweet words of encouragement in this quote....

"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are course; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity, we need more purity." -Margaret Dyreng Nadauld


She also requested maps in the background especially focused on Asia. Her sister would love to do missions there.... how cool is that?!? 


Once the maps were applied, I glazed over them with brown to make the words really pop and also to add some texture over the maps. 


I chalked the words first, then painted over them in a soft cream color. It was really fun to try to express the meaning of the words through the fonts I chose!


Though this painting presented many challenges, I'm really excited about how it turned out the fun surprise of seeing the subtle map under the expressive words.


This was my last painting for 2013! I'm excited to share a "Year in Review" post and a special video later this week! Thanks y'all!

No comments: