8.30.2013

Acts 6:4


I was so excited to get to deliver this painting last night to my sweet friend from high school, Amanda! I had the awesome opportunity to create a painting for her back in 2010 (one of my first "custom paintings") and I couldn't wait to work with her again.


Amanda chose the Bible verse Acts 6:4 for her painting because she just got a new home and her uncle encouraged her to remember this as the verse for her house. (Isn't that cool?!)


She sent me pictures of other elements in her home and we decided on a rich color scheme (including some metallic!) and a distressed/textured background with "swirly" writing. I used the "cool" colors in the background, and the "warm" colors in the lettering to help them stand out.


This painting was so amazing to create for Amanda. I tried new tools, new techniques and felt the freedom to create. I loved the idea of keeping a Bible verse always in sight at home so a family could stay centered around Christ, prayer & the Word. I want a verse for my house, don't you?


Thanks for this opportunity Amanda! You're always a dream to work with!
Are you interested in a custom painted canvas? Check out the details here, or email me: specsandwings@gmail.com

Happy weekend!

No comments: