Today I thought I'd share my top 10 favorite things from around the internet... happy reading! :)
Best Twitter reactions to Gilmore Girls coming to Netflix (I totally share their excitement!)
My style icon has an amazing website..."What Would Zooey Deschanel Wear?" (thanks Alison!)
"Do's & Don'ts of Wearing Cardigans".... brilliant. As a cardigan addict, I totally needed this for fall!
16 Habits of Highly Sensitive People & 18 Things Highly Creative People Do Differently any of these fit you? I could claim a few ;)
Curly Hair Secrets (I can't wait to try them!) What are your tips?
What French kids eat for lunch.... amazing difference.
Pumpkin(less) Spice Latte from Starbucks is not on my fall checklist after reading this (ew.)....but I'm planning to make Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte at home!
Also... let the pumpkin madness begin! I want to make pumpkin butter, pumpkin pancakes, and Mini Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake Jars!!!
With cooler weather ahead (I hope!) and lots of home time, my reading wishlist right now includes this, this & this!
Also... this book from my favorite lettering artist has me excited to send out Christmas cards!
I hope you enjoyed this fun "Link Love" post! I always love these!! Tell you your favorites in the comments. Happy weekend!
Creative life lately has been lovely. I have been enjoying date nights with my sweet man, a latte at Sandra Bullock's restaurant in Austin (adorable place!), seeing Alison's photos in print from our blogger meet-up, actually taking time to read, making a bruschetta bar for a birthday dinner (YUM!), finding these gorgeous heirloom tomatoes, and making my own pumpkin granola! Life is sweet and I'm loving every creative moment! How about you?
I know it's not quite time yet but I'm just itching for FALL! (In case you couldn't tell from my past couple of posts-ha!) So, I decided a little pInspiration was in order... ready?
1. Hot Pumpkin Mug- oh my! This looks AMAZING! I can't wait to test it out! It looks easy and delightful.
2. Awaken the Hearts of Others.... have you ever considered that you could inspire someone by following your dreams? :)
3. Killer Pumpkin Granola!?! Be still my autumn-loving-heart. I could totally eat this for breakfast and snacks and dessert! YUM!
4. I love this sign! Wouldn't it be pretty on a chalkboard for Thanksgiving?
5. Insta-Chalk Art by @cautiouslyobsessed .... oh how lovely!
6. Totally brill. I love this design for "Free Ride", especially the color scheme and the bike city!
Are you excited for fall?!? What's inspiring you?
I've been seeing adorable "bar carts" all around the blog world for months. In these "DIY" posts a blogger shares the basic ingredients essential to make the best drinks for any guest on a portable cart. Since I'm not much for drinks (besides coffee!) I decided to share my favorite basics for a DIY Paint Cart!
I have been using a cart in my studio for the past few months and I LOVE IT! You wouldn't believe how handy it is to have everything you need in one place. Especially if you like to create different places in your home (like on the kitchen table, in the backyard, or where ever the best TV is...ha!) Just push your cart of supplies to any area and get to work! ;)
These are my 12 favorite items to help you get started on making your own painting cart!
1. Large Brushes- For larger canvases & backgrounds
2. Various Shapes Medium & Small Brushes - for any details you paint, the right brush makes a difference!
3. Palette Knives- for mixing colors and creating textured paint applications on canvas
4. Acrylic Paint in Several Colors- I prefer Heavy Body Liquitex Acrylics
5. Water Jar- to rinse out your paint brushes between colors
6. White Gesso- to prime your canvas
7. Slow-Dry Medium- this is a GREAT help for acylics that dry to fast! Just add a little to your paint and work longer!
8. Matte Medium - so many amazing uses but I love to use it for collage paper or as a sealant
9. Glass Paint Palette- makes it easier to see colors and you can use a razor blade to carefully scrape off dried paint
10. Paint Rag- for messes!
11. Scissors - because you just always need them
12. Color Wheel- to help with color mixing and explorations!
Come back soon..... I'm going to share some "Just for Fun" art cart ideas & variations! I hope you enjoy putting together your cart! Happy day!
Are you ready for fall!? I AM!
So that explains why my next series of paintings for the gallery will be getting us in the mood for my favorite season! It may be a little bit before this paintings are ready for sale, but until then, I'll be showing updates and exploring all things fall!
My favorite inspiration here? Color. Orange with Dusty Mint... Deep Turquoise with Mustard, and every shade of red! I'm also loving the patterns here- florals, plaids, chevron... just so much to love!
If you'd like to shop now, just click on the "shop" link on my banner!
If you're like me, you're already thinking about the best season ever- FALL! I just love everything about it, but especially the clothes! I think it's because I love collage and color and when the weather requires more layers, there's more chance to be creative with outfits.
Of course, Fall in my neck of the woods comes pretty slowly and there are plenty of warmer days before the cooler ones come. So how do you start transitioning to fall outfits while still wearing your summer favorites? Here are a few ideas...
1. Crop pants can move swiftly from Summer staple to Fall favorite! Just pair with a sweater and a dark colored flat.
2. 3/4 sleeved blazer just needs a long skirt and a belt to "feel" more like autumn. You might also pair with warm neutrals like a brown belt and shoes.
3. A chambray button down is like a seasonal chameleon. Pair it with a chunky sweater, a patterned scarf and boots.
4. Maxi skirts are great for fall! Just trade in your tank for a long sleeved t-shirt!
5. A shirt dress is fantastic with a long sleeved shirt layered underneath! Add leggings if needed.
6. Even a peplum top can be layered for fall... put a coordinating button down underneath and/or a blazer over it.
7. When it's just barely feeling fall, keep your florals for a little longer! Add a cozy cardigan and some textured shoes.
8. Shorter dresses (especially in neutral colors) can be worn seamlessly throughout fall when you add a boyfriend cardigan, tights and boots.
9. Keep any patterned collared shirt for a playful layer under your favorite sweater.
10. Have fun with pattern, color, textures and layers!
I can't wait to see what fun outfits y'all come up with! See anything that inspires you today? What fun outfits can you make out of the items in your closet? See where these fun ideas came from and find even more inspiration on my Pinterest page!
I remember LOVING this time of year when I was younger for 3 reasons.....
1. I was totally nerdy and LOVED school starting again!
2. new Fall clothes & shoes
3. fresh set of markers!
Now that I'm out of school, I still feel a little dreamy when I see the school supplies row at Target and backpacks and rulers and folders.... *sigh*... ha ha! So, just for fun, I decided to do a little "Back-to-School" shopping around the web. Here are my favorite finds from 31 Bits, Modcloth, Paper-Source & Target. :)
If you were shopping to go back to school... what would your picks be?
*Also, don't forget to join my Insta-Gallery Sale @specsandwingsgallery at NOON! See you there!