Just a few small words could change someone's perspective, ideas, plans and even their life! The Bible says our words have the power of life and death (proverbs 18:21)! Suddenly those words don't seem so small do they? I have had people encourage me without ever really even realizing it! Often this happens when I least expect it... Small talk with a client while they wait, a small conversation in passing at church, a funny phrase from someone on the phone..., and these words just stick with me. They are precious little gifts that I'm so thankful for!
So, I decided to start a new painting series based on these wise words! So far they are small canvases and you can see them in progress on Instagram @specsandwings ! What wise words have stayed with you? Share em in the comments!!
Okay, so here's my top 10 from around the web this week! Have a lovely weekend!
- Five ways to LIVELY up your morning toast! Then make toast into a tasty satisfying dinner ...for the win!
- Surprising Fall Trends... (I can't wait for Fall!)
- Ampersand + Chalk Art = LOVE
- Pumpkin Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies (cuz, duh!)
- 9 Places to NEVER wear Jeans (this is interesting!)
-A peek inside Kirsten Dunst's LOVELY SOHO Penthouse (looks like a movie set- dreamy!)
-Quick Guide to Every Herb & Spice (I know I'll be needing this as I learn more about cooking)
- 16 Autumn Date Ideas! (some of these are brilliant! Plus I love her British blogging voice;)
- Unsure what to wear to work? I saw a couple of blog posts about it here & here this week! I keep my style inspiration here!
-Dress your Tech with these watercolor wallpapers (so sweet for these rainy days)
I hope you enjoy reading these over the weekend! I'd love to hear your thoughts again! What are your faves? Learn anything new? Anything inspire you? Happy Friday!
Today I thought I'd share my top 10 favorite things from around the internet... happy reading! :)
Best Twitter reactions to Gilmore Girls coming to Netflix (I totally share their excitement!)
My style icon has an amazing website..."What Would Zooey Deschanel Wear?" (thanks Alison!)
"Do's & Don'ts of Wearing Cardigans".... brilliant. As a cardigan addict, I totally needed this for fall!
16 Habits of Highly Sensitive People & 18 Things Highly Creative People Do Differently any of these fit you? I could claim a few ;)
Curly Hair Secrets (I can't wait to try them!) What are your tips?
What French kids eat for lunch.... amazing difference.
Pumpkin(less) Spice Latte from Starbucks is not on my fall checklist after reading this (ew.)....but I'm planning to make Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte at home!
Also... let the pumpkin madness begin! I want to make pumpkin butter, pumpkin pancakes, and Mini Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake Jars!!!
With cooler weather ahead (I hope!) and lots of home time, my reading wishlist right now includes this, this & this!
Also... this book from my favorite lettering artist has me excited to send out Christmas cards!
I hope you enjoyed this fun "Link Love" post! I always love these!! Tell you your favorites in the comments. Happy weekend!
Creative life lately has been lovely. I have been enjoying date nights with my sweet man, a latte at Sandra Bullock's restaurant in Austin (adorable place!), seeing Alison's photos in print from our blogger meet-up, actually taking time to read, making a bruschetta bar for a birthday dinner (YUM!), finding these gorgeous heirloom tomatoes, and making my own pumpkin granola! Life is sweet and I'm loving every creative moment! How about you?
I know it's not quite time yet but I'm just itching for FALL! (In case you couldn't tell from my past couple of posts-ha!) So, I decided a little pInspiration was in order... ready?
1. Hot Pumpkin Mug- oh my! This looks AMAZING! I can't wait to test it out! It looks easy and delightful.
2. Awaken the Hearts of Others.... have you ever considered that you could inspire someone by following your dreams? :)
3. Killer Pumpkin Granola!?! Be still my autumn-loving-heart. I could totally eat this for breakfast and snacks and dessert! YUM!
4. I love this sign! Wouldn't it be pretty on a chalkboard for Thanksgiving?
5. Insta-Chalk Art by @cautiouslyobsessed .... oh how lovely!
6. Totally brill. I love this design for "Free Ride", especially the color scheme and the bike city!
Are you excited for fall?!? What's inspiring you?
I've been seeing adorable "bar carts" all around the blog world for months. In these "DIY" posts a blogger shares the basic ingredients essential to make the best drinks for any guest on a portable cart. Since I'm not much for drinks (besides coffee!) I decided to share my favorite basics for a DIY Paint Cart!
I have been using a cart in my studio for the past few months and I LOVE IT! You wouldn't believe how handy it is to have everything you need in one place. Especially if you like to create different places in your home (like on the kitchen table, in the backyard, or where ever the best TV is...ha!) Just push your cart of supplies to any area and get to work! ;)
These are my 12 favorite items to help you get started on making your own painting cart!
1. Large Brushes- For larger canvases & backgrounds
2. Various Shapes Medium & Small Brushes - for any details you paint, the right brush makes a difference!
3. Palette Knives- for mixing colors and creating textured paint applications on canvas
4. Acrylic Paint in Several Colors- I prefer Heavy Body Liquitex Acrylics
5. Water Jar- to rinse out your paint brushes between colors
6. White Gesso- to prime your canvas
7. Slow-Dry Medium- this is a GREAT help for acylics that dry to fast! Just add a little to your paint and work longer!
8. Matte Medium - so many amazing uses but I love to use it for collage paper or as a sealant
9. Glass Paint Palette- makes it easier to see colors and you can use a razor blade to carefully scrape off dried paint
10. Paint Rag- for messes!
11. Scissors - because you just always need them
12. Color Wheel- to help with color mixing and explorations!
Come back soon..... I'm going to share some "Just for Fun" art cart ideas & variations! I hope you enjoy putting together your cart! Happy day!
Are you ready for fall!? I AM!
So that explains why my next series of paintings for the gallery will be getting us in the mood for my favorite season! It may be a little bit before this paintings are ready for sale, but until then, I'll be showing updates and exploring all things fall!
My favorite inspiration here? Color. Orange with Dusty Mint... Deep Turquoise with Mustard, and every shade of red! I'm also loving the patterns here- florals, plaids, chevron... just so much to love!
If you'd like to shop now, just click on the "shop" link on my banner!