5.14.2013

In Progress...


This is a painting that I'm honestly having a blast creating. I think it's just so different from anything I've done before and I love that I've been able to try new techniques and paint with so much freedom. It's fun to see how past paintings and projects have contributed to this one... like the chalkboard paintings I did helped me with lettering and the idea of using chalk to sketch instead of pencil (which is incredibly hard to erase on acrylic... lesson learned the hard way!) But I've used the biggest paint brush I have, I've danced, blended, splattered, sketched and (*GASP*!) even used a ruler/level on this canvas... it has truly been a JOY!

I'm getting pretty close on it and I can't wait to show you the finished pieces (there's actually 2 canvases!)

Happy day!

No comments: