5.02.2013

Glorious Joy Chalk Paintings



These paintings were really fun to create! (You can see more of the experimental process in yesterday's post.) When my friend Kate asked for these paintings she wanted a "chalk" effect that wouldn't accidentally erase and she wanted the canvases to be versatile. I had a blast creating them!


She asked for some print and some cursive and I think that really added to the overall look!


I researched fonts and styles and came up with a design that would fit the words and hopefully express what they mean. I wanted the energy and joy of the words to come across in the paint!


These canvases were created to be hung "tall" on either side of another painting. Like this...


...and this...





The joy & peace of Christ are things I see in my sweet friend Kate and it was so fun to create these for her!


No comments: