4.29.2013

Artist Story: Makoto Fujimura


I am speechless...not even sure what to say as I start this post. I've been following Makoto Fujimura since college and I'm astounded again and again! I love to hear his heart through interviews and see it in his incredible paintings. Makoto had the opportunity to paint The Four Holy Gospels and these are his beautiful celebrations of each book..


Matthew: Consider the Lilies

Mark: Water & Flame

Luke: Prodigal God

John: The Tears of Christ

These paintings are published in a book of the gospels, at the beginning of each book: Matthew, Mark, Luke & John.... but he also painted directly on the text pages... (incredible!)





Please take a few minutes to watch how he paints, his heart and his process! It's truly inspiring...



Happy day!


No comments: