3.26.2008

swirls, shrinky dinks & an outside art party!



I stumbled around Target the other day and found the cutest swirly stamps and scrapbook paper. I tried to talk myself out of buying them....but I couldn't help myself!!! And what a find they were! I made cards using our engagement photos and my art "splurges".


Yesterday I went to the job fair with Danielle and gave the reps my unique little portfolios. I was a bit nervous, but everyone was very positive and seemed to like what we had to offer. YAY! We had an art party to celebrate and played with Shrinky Dinks!!! Boy did it ever bring back memories from my childhood. We made rings like we had seen on Craft Zine's blog. Here's mine!




Then, I took the party outside and made my samples for my acrylic techniques lesson at school. It was nice to spend some time outside in the quiet, working on painting and thinking to myself. I taught this lesson today (crackle, soap resist, drawing into wet paint, and book page collage) to my Art 3 class and I think they really enjoyed it! They are so talented...




I love this beautiful tree with pink flowers :) Each bloom is glowing and seems to be singing. Spring is finally here!

No comments: