5.22.2014

Using Garden Herbs: Grilled Caprese Sandwich!


Yesterday I shared my adventures in starting an herb garden! If you're like me, the next thing you're wondering is ... "What do I do with all these awesome herbs?" Well, as I find fun uses, I'm planning to share my favorites with you! This is one of my favorite ways to use basil.... a Grilled Caprese Sandwich!

Start by harvesting a few basil leaves...
Then I like to cut up grape tomatoes, rinse the basil and slice a little mozzarella off the block. :)


I place one slice of multi-grain bread on a skillet and load it up with all of the ingredients in layers. (Putting the cheese on the outsides helps everything stick together!)


Grill up both sides and there you have it! A brilliant lunch full of fresh and bold flavors. This is one of my favorite lunches right now! How do you use basil?! I need some more ideas!

You might be wondering... what's with all of the gardening and cooking on an art blog? That's a fair question! I think that every part of life can be beautifully creative and I want to live my life bravely! So... I want to try things I've never tried (like growing herbs!) and stretch past what I thought creativity and art could be. I don't know about you, but I think this sandwich looks pretty beautiful! ha!


Have you been trying anything new? Share it below or on instagram #bebravecreate Let's take this journey together!

No comments: