2.24.2014

And it was GOOD!

(a few lunches lately... isn't God's creation gorgeous?!)
About a year ago, I remember walking through the produce section of the grocery store with new eyes... all of these beautiful vegetables and fruits are so colorful, full of unique textures and shapes, and each one offers different nutrients and good stuff for your health! I really felt like God opened my eyes to see the beauty in what He created and why. I excitedly started researching veggies and fruits as I bought them... what does this flowered broccoli have to offer? How do you cook an elegantly deep purple eggplant? What vitamins are in these tiny clustered blackberries?! The more I researched, the more I discovered how amazing God made all of these little wonders! A colorful variety for each meal gives you all you what you need to be healthy. Why had I never realized this before?! God could have created a little pill that we could take each day for all that we need, void of beauty, flavor or enjoyment. Instead, God made these beautiful ways to enjoy food and get what our body needs each day.

This slowly began a journey of discovery for me. This year when I chose the word "intentional" as a focus, I knew that eating more healthy would be a big part of it. I've started doing more research and find more recipes that highlight plant-based foods and I'm excited to learn more and take charge of being healthy, enjoying these foods & celebrating God, the true Artist! I want to be informed so I can make better choices. :) I'm not sure where this journey will take me but I'm excited!


Just a few fun resources I've found....

Beautiful Food Blogs I'm reading:
minimalistbaker.com
choosingraw.com
naturallyella.com

Books I'm enjoying:
Crazy Sexy Diet
Crazy Sexy Kitchen
Forks Over Knives Cookbook

Documentaries on Netflix:
Forks Over Knives
Engine 2 Diet

I've got some great stuff for you this week! I can't wait to share some new Toms (and the story behind them!) and a new DIY project! Happy Monday!


No comments: