7.18.2013

Deut. 6:4-9



Deuteronomy 6:4-9 
Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates. 


This little idea was planted in my heart the other day. In the Bible, God tells us that we need reminders of his truth. This is SO true, ya know? I am a very visual person so seeing a verse over and over helps me remember it, especially in the "day to day" stuff.



So, I decided to start with a couple of verses and paint them on little bags! I don't know about you, but I love to put things in little bags.... make up, pencils, jewelry, etc.... and the idea is that in your everyday life, you could be getting ready for work in the morning or grabbing lip gloss out of your purse or packing your jewelry for a trip.. and remember what God has commanded you... remember His truth in the everyday stuff.



I started with just a few, but each bag is hand painted with gouache (opaque watercolors!) so they're not stiff, but soft and bright! Each bag is painted with words of truth and lots of pretty and unique detail. You can read about each bag here.



If you'd like one of these little bags for yourself, or to give one to someone as an encouraging gift, head over to my Etsy Shop! I started with just a few to see what you think. :) I'd love to hear your feedback in the comments!

happy day!

No comments: