6.12.2013

In the Studio: Stars

I've been excited to share these paintings for months! When this sweet friend/client asked about this set of paintings, I couldn't believe it. First off, I LOVE this Bible verse and secondly, I've never done a night scene before! I couldn't wait to get started. 
Here are the two completed paintings...



She hung them on the same wall on either side of her fireplace. This verse is so beautiful because it's about how BIG our God is and it shows us how much loves each of us individually. If He cares so much about each individual star, how much more does he care about us?


I tried to google the number of stars in the universe. As it turns out, there are about "3,000 stars visible to the unaided eye and 100,000 seen by a small microscope". Our Milky Way Galaxy has about 100 billion stars and there are like 100 billion other galaxies known to exist. There's an estimated 10 billion trillion stars..... that number looks like this: 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. Another article I read, said the new number is 70 sextillion which looks like this: 70,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
(sources here & here

Our God, because of his great power and incomparable strength, knows exactly where each of them is.... there's not one missing! I wanted to portray that on the first painting... an outdoor view with tons of stars... we can only see a fraction of them!


Then on the second canvas, I brought the feeling to a personal place. I wanted it to feel like you're looking out the window in your home and realizing how personal our infinite God is!


I hope that everyone who sees these will be encouraged and praise God for how GOOD He is!


Thanks for letting me share!
I hope you enjoy, Caroline!


No comments: