6.18.2013

Hatch Show Print


Our first day in Nashville, we took a walk downtown and came across the legendary Hatch Show Print shop. Sadly, it was closed on this particular day, but I saw the effects of this print shop all over town! Store windows had these amazing design treasures and the next day I saw several at the Ryman Auditorium. I had read a little bit about Hatch when I was doing research for the trip, but I had no idea how amazing it really is!
I'd say it was one of my favorite inspirations from Nashville.


Walking through the historic Ryman Auditorium (where the original Grand Ole Opry was held) there were so many beautiful show prints, all created at Hatch! These were just a few of my favorites...


I couldn't believe how many modern artists had a Hatch poster from playing at the Ryman and once we took a tour backstage I realized what a big deal it is to have played there and to have a poster lining its halls! I took a little time to look up other beautiful designs created by Hatch Show Prints..... aren't they amazing?!?



If you'd like to learn more about the process of letterpress printing, check out this great article:

Also, check out Brad Vetter, a designer at Hatch for the past 8 years! (I've asked for a YOUR STORY interview, so keep your fingers crossed.)

You can read the history, see the poster gallery and even see how to order your own Hatch Show Print here:
www.hatchshowprint.com

Currently dreaming of playing with printmaking and trying out some "letterpress" styles with my paintings! Wouldn't that be fun to incorporate? Also, I've been dreaming of designing a gig poster for awhile now, so if you hear of anything, let me know! :)

More fun inspirations coming up! *See more of my poster love after visiting The Filmore here.*

No comments: