3.04.2013

YOUR STORY: Casey O'Connell



I'm thrilled and honored to have had the opportunity to interview this amazing painter who lives in San Francisco! I only hope to chase my dreams the way she has, letting nothing get in my way. I know you'll enjoy and be inspired by today's YOUR STORY!

Hi Casey! On Specs & Wings, we're all about "stories", tell us a little about your story...
I am an artist living in a beautiful city.  I work hard.  Think quietly.  Act frankly. Stare, smile and swim with stars.




Does your story inspire your paintings?
Most days I am painting about the previous day's adventures.  My work is my day to day existence made visual.




What has been your favorite experience as a painter?
It is constantly making me a braver human being.




Do you ever have mistakes or failed paintings? How do you deal with that and keep going?
I would not be able to get out of bed in the morning if I believed in mistakes or failure.




What advice do you have for an artist that's just starting out?
Don't believe the "No's".  I promise, Someday, somewhere, someone will say "Yes".


Thanks so much Casey! Your paintings are beautiful and so is your spirit! Casey has a brand new website & shop and you can also contact her here. Happy day!


No comments: