8.28.2012

Love, Lost & Found...

I hope you enjoyed the lovely introduction to Sophie Blackall in the last post...inspiring isn't she?

The images below are from her "Missed Connections" series  (which is also a book!) and I think they are each so thoughtful, creative, and hilarious! Her bio on amazon says: "Her latest project, Missed Connections, which began as a blog in early 2009, is an ongoing series of paintings based on real, anonymous messages posted online by lovelorn strangers."

So interesting, you can't help but read and wonder....


































Although most of these are about "couples", they've also made me think about the encounters we have with "strangers" everyday. What would someone write in "missed connections" about you? What impression do you leave with whomever you meet or have contact with? Would they hope to see you again? These are the questions I've been asking myself. 

I've been studying this verse lately... Ephesians 2:10 "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works which God has prepared in advance for us to do."  In reality, none of our encounters are meaningless....God has a plan for us to do good for everyone we meet! He's planned it. How many times have I missed a chance to do something good for someone around me?  I hope when someone encounters me, they can see God, and will be drawn to Him! I don't want to miss opportunities! 

I have certainly had wonderful encounters with people that I wish I could meet up with again. A long time ago I remember meeting 2 lovely girls on a plane who made an impression. My listing might read like this... 
"On my way to Dallas, first plane ride alone. You both made me feel so at ease and we talked the whole way! You were both friendly, one Asian, one played the clarinet, and I was the girl wearing specs, looking for my wings. Thanks for helping me be brave."

Do you have a "missed connection" to share? Please post yours below!

Just something I've been thinking about and that I've seen more vividly through Sophie's beautiful illustrations.....love it!

1 comment:

Linda said...

These are amazing. It's really very inspirational. I like the concept. While watching these paintings, I can remember and see many things. It's awesome.