8.28.2012

Charming Portraits....

I saw this delightful video yesterday and I knew I had to share it with you! I love to hear an artist's story about why she creates what she does....this story is especially charming. I'll share more soon about her "Missed Connections" series but for now, check the beautiful story...you're sure to be inspired!



"Needless to say I love the subway. I glean all my characters from my fellow passengers. The same sorts of things which attracted me to Missed Connections, I find on the train: subtle interactions, eccentricity, beauty, sorrow, secrets, kindness, generosity, excellent hairdos." - Sophie Blackall


Something about this project truly inspires me...the way Sophie sees each person and loves them for their quirks and imagines that they each have a story. How do you see the people around you? Do think about their stories or love them exactly where they are? This is what I am learning from this beautiful work of art. How about you?

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: