4.06.2012

My Memory...Good Friday...


I felt very moved to paint this when I was in college. I remember taking The Lord's Supper or "Communion" that morning at church. The elements were passed around in little plastic cups. One held the bread and one the juice. I thought about how many times I had experienced this special time and how this time felt different. I  knew that God had more to teach me about what it meant to take Communion and He often teaches me through working on a painting....


So, instead of throwing away my cups that morning, I put them in my purse and carried them home. I studied the little cups and all that the elements meant that I'd partaken in. The bread...Christ's Body. The juice...Christ's blood. Wow..... So sobering to think about His sacrifice!


And He asked us to do this in HIS MEMORY!

.


If you get to take the Lord's Supper tonight or sometime this weekend while celebrating Easter, I hope you'll take a few moments to really think about what Christ did for us, dying for our sins!  

I hope you'll also celebrate the glorious way he rose from the dead!!! HE HAS RISEN!!!
Thanks for letting me share! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I love that painting. This is a very sacred moment. It seems that we can stretch across time and feel as if we are touching Christ himself. Communion has always centered me. I feel small in the face of time eternal. It is like standing at the foot of a great mountain in the Rockies. I know I am just a speck or a vapor, but I feel connected to the Lord of all creation anyhow. Thanks for posting your painting

Rob & Jen said...

Exactly why I fell in love with this painting when I saw it at your art show in college! Love having this in my home...thanks for the reminder of its meaning :)