1.18.2012

Infinity Scarf Remix DIY!

So last night, I was so inspired by my style icons, I decided to try something new right away! I have a lovely black and white scarf that I always choose to pair with a cardigan or dress...but then quickly change my mind because I don't like the look of the beads/fringe. I decided to give this lucky scarf a little make-over, or as I like to call it, a "remix". I would wear it much more if it were an infinity scarf, so with a snip-snip and a stitch-stitch, it was done! 

It's so super easy, you can do it too! Here's how...


Start by choosing the scarf you'd like to remix!


Then, trim off the fringed edges...


Line up the raw edges...


...and stitch them together using your sewing machine, or by hand!


It should look something like this...


Now, to hide that terrible, raveling, stringy, raw edge! Start by turning the scarf inside out...


So that the raw seam is inside, and fold it along the "pretty seam"...


Now stitch along the side of the pretty seam so that you'll hide the messy raw edge!


Ta-da! Now you have a pretty seam on both sides of the scarf!


Snip any extra threads and it's ready to wear! :)






I hope you enjoyed this DIY! You can see more How To's here!

happy wednesday!

1 comment:

Britt@artbybritt said...

I love it! I'm going to have to try this for sure!