8.07.2013

My Giving Key: BRAVE



 When the sweet people at The Giving Keys offered to send me a key, I thought for awhile about which word I would choose. The more and more I thought about it, I kept coming back to the word BRAVE.


Over the past few years I've realized that I often needed to be brave. Brave enough to start Specs & Wings, brave enough to paint, brave enough to write, brave enough to blog, brave enough to try, brave enough to fail, brave enough to connect with people, brave enough to share stories, brave enough to dream....



And where did I get this bravery? It's the Lord who makes me brave. He gives me  strength and confidence to know that no matter what happens, He is with me.

Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."


So, when I wear this necklace, I think about and pray for the person who made it. They were brave enough to transition out of homelessness. I think of Caitlin following her dream, but also making sure she takes care of the people around her. I remember that the Lord is with me where ever I go.... and HE makes me BRAVE.

When I have embraced this word for awhile, I'll pass along this key to someone else and share my story. Everyone has a story. What's yours? What would your key say? Tell me in the comments or on twitter (@specsandwings) and order yours here.

No comments: