2.22.2013

Behind the Specs: Sponsorship

Such a cool and strange topic to share about because I didn't think I'd ever have the honor of hosting sponsors on my blog! I thought that was something that "BIG" and "COOL" blogs had, (you know, the who have a TON of followers and thousands of comments daily), but like everything else with this business, I just decided to give it a try and see what happens. :)

The idea started when I considered how many parts of this little business of mine are "unknowns". Besides booking custom orders ahead of time, I'm never really sure when or if I'll have something to sell. I was hoping to find a way to bring in consistent monthly income regardless of how many custom orders I receive. I thought allowing other shops and blogs to advertise in my sidebar would be a fun way to give consistent income a shot!

Last summer when I started out, I contacted a few friends and fellow artists to start out. I was overwhelmed with the response! I started out with 7 sponsors! From there I got the honor of advertising for not only sweet friends, but also local businesses...and made sweet friends in the process! I love to share ads about artists and bloggers that I believe in and it feels so good that they like my blog enough to sponsor me. Wow.


Since then, I've changed a few things about my blog sponsorship, but the idea is the same....artists, bloggers and local businesses helping each other to grow in business, followers and friendships!

A few recent changes....
1. I have a new updated Sponsorships page in my sidebar! Now it's easier than ever to get all of the info and even purchase an ad, right on the page! Check it out here.

2. My blog designer recommended Passionfruit Ads to be my sponsorship support! They are awesome! If you're considering adding sponsorship to your blog, check them out!


3. I'm excited to try out ad affiliates! I always thought that meant annoying, meaningless, and unrelated ads would be blinking away while you were trying to read my blog. (Yuck!) But what it really means is I got accepted to a share ads from some of my favorite online shops and if they sell something because of it, I receive a percentage! What a great exchange! I'm most excited to now be partnering with TOMS.

I hope you enjoyed a little peek Behind the Specs about my sponsorship story. If you're interested in sponsoring Specs & Wings blog, just visit my Sponsorship Page and purchase your ad! You can start anytime, you don't have to wait for the first of the month! Email me if you have any questions or need help designing an ad. :) specsandwings@gmail.com

No comments: