9.07.2011

This is IT! :)

 I'm SO EXCITED to announce the big project/event I've been working on! 
My mother-in-love's business, "Imagine If..." is the event designer/coordinator for the Great Western Drilling 75th Anniversary Event!!! They are transforming the local Petroleum Museum into a 1940's style jazz club in honor of the great history of this company! And not only that, I'm honored to be creating two paintings for the event, based on the old and new logos, plus dressing in period clothing to be a greeter! What an incredible experience for me as an artist. It's going to be a once in a lifetime event and the most unique and incredible art showing I've ever been a part of!

I'm so thankful for my dear friend Kate for being my stylist for this amazing 40's occasion! 
She recently met me at the theater's costume shop to help me find something to wear.... and play dress up!








I almost chose this look, but I ended up with something a little different! 
I'll show you the entire outfit when I get pictures at the event. :)


Sweet Kate also taught me some hair and make up skills last night that I can't wait to try out at the event tomorrow! Awesome!

I've got a peek at my paintings coming up a little later! Check back soon! :)

happy wednesday!

** All photos courtesy of Kate Dominguez!**

No comments: