Today I'm excited to create this pretty tray with you! Let's get started....
You'll need: A cookie sheet, X-treme stick glue, Blue painter's tape, Paint brushes, Paint in white and yellow, & White canvas fabric.
1. Spread glue onto the cookie sheet (about 1/3 of the way across).
2. Lay your white canvas fabric onto the glue, making sure it's straight and has enough extra to go around the edges.
3. Smooth the fabric with your fingers.
Repeat this step until all of the bottom of the tray has been covered in white fabric.
4. Once the bottom is completely glued, continue by gluing the corners...
5. ....and the edges!
6. Glue the edges and wrap the fabric around to the back of the tray, and glue it there too
7. Using your blue painter's tape, make a chevron pattern by over-lapping the tape in "mountain shapes".
8. Paint the fabric using the yellow paint.
9. Allow the paint to dry (or if you're like me, pull out the hairdryer! ha!) Then peel off the tape!
10. There will be little spots where the paint bled through. Use a small brush to touch up the edges.
Then use white paint to fill in the design between the yellow chevrons.
And there you have it!
I added a light coat of spray sealer onto the front of the tray and a piece of felt to cover the back so it won't scratch the table.
Did you enjoy that fun little DIY!?! I can't wait to see what YOU create! :)