2.11.2011

Date Night ~ Blair & Emily!


What an honor to have my sweet sister and brother-in-law share date ideas today! I LOVE my creative sister's brilliant plans and surprises and I know you will to!

I've got another Date Night Coffee Cozy Set in the etsy shop for you today!

Check out this fun, romantic and brilliant idea from Blair and Emily!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since the day we got married, my husband and I have had insane schedules. I travel a lot, he works with college students, so we both keep strange hours. We always make time to see each other, but if we don't plan ahead, we're usually too brain-dead to be creative on the spot when it comes to date night. Last year for our anniversary, I gave B a coupon book with 12 surprise date coupons (figuring this would give us at least one date a month that didn't involve renting a movie!) Each coupon identified the time of day/night when it could be used and gave a cryptic name for the event.
So, for instance, "Keep Your Eyes on the Road" was identified as a late night date for any night of the week that would take 4+ Hours. When B chose to pull that coupon out of the book and hand it over, then he was surprised with a trip to our local drive-in theatre for a double feature. (Of course, because I had gotten up for work at 5 that morning, I'm not sure I actually saw any of the 2nd feature!)

"Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed" was identified as a Friday or Saturday morning date only that would take 1-2 hours & that needed 24 hour notice. One Thursday night, B pulled it out of the book & was told to get up by 7 am on Saturday morning. After inhaling some coffee, we went to garage sales in a wealthy neighborhood in Dallas where you just never know what you'll find. (I needed the 24 hour notice so I could track down the good locations!)
(Crazy table and bar stools we saw while garage sale shopping.)

The possibilities are endless and it was a lot of fun, especially when we didn't know what we wanted to do for a Saturday afternoon & B could just pull out the coupon book & say, "How about this?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love it! :) Thanks so much y'all!

Did y'all get some great ideas this week from the Date Night series? :)
I sure have!!!

Have a very happy day!

No comments: